Thursday, January 7, 2010

This Excerpt Moves Me.

Journaling reads: Remember... do not destroy your child's HOPE... HOPE that is unbridled, wildly creative, and a force that can change the path for humankind. Do not destroy HOPE with a maelstrom of anger or negativity... HOPE exists everywhere... we are the only ones that can break the bird's wing and destroy HOPE in humankind. HOPE is a song that never ends as long as we do not let it. May HOPE (Peace, Santa, God... whatever you may call it) always be with you!

 I snatched that beautiful excerpt from Windy here http://windyrobinson.blogspot.com/. I hope she won't mind since it is a bit of her very own journaling. But it is so lovely and poignant to me.
This is what I always told myself when I was raising my children. My own hope had been snatched away from me as a teenager. I never became what I believe I could have with hope and encouragement. Of course, I know that God had a plan for me and that's the one that I'm living, right now...but still....

Enough theorizing for the day and onward Christian soldier...my legions of fans call. So I must satisfy their yearning. Ha Ha! Loving the Lord today...returned to Bible Study after our Christmas recess and YIKES...did we have a lot to share and even more to pray for. So, I thought I'd get myself ready to honor one of those resolutions of mine and set the tone with this card. The card stuff is old and self-explanatory and should any one of my legionnaires require deets..., well, they know where to find me.

Hugs & Blessings,
Erica

1 comment:

Deb Neerman said...

I LOVE that journaling, too! Very moving. I sure wish my folks had seen this, lol. Someone should print this up and put it in every hospital-new-baby-going-home kit in the world!

Love your card ... the color combination is one of my favorites. You've done turquoise and brown proud today, girlfriend!

And I, being one of your legionnaires who requires deets, has to ask after the stamped image: who manufactured it? It's a beautiful verse and I love the second-generation swirl/flower/twirl thingie in the background.

Lovely, Erica! TFS!

~Hugs, Deb