Monday, April 19, 2010

Those Fiskars Plates




So, legionnaires...good evening. A blogger reminded me how many of my Fiskar plates. I actually have...like 18 double-sided, so that makes 36. What a pain in the neck it was to use that knobby embossing tool to get a dry embossed look. Well, not for long, as Cuttlebugs came along and then Big Shot started making 'folders' too. And I hear, the illustrious Tim Holtz has some ready for us. These folders save my hands, 'cause I really love the look and am tickled we have so many to choose from. I don't think I'll ever stop collecting them. Soooo, here's the dots plate. The nice thing about Fiskars' plates is that they more than cover a card front. And from someone's blog, I found out that misting cardstock lightly with water (expecially true of SU cs), makes the embossing really pop. Fiskar plates are easy peasy to use with the right CB sandwich. And that's what I did here. I used all SU cs and my CTMH birthday stamp & sentiment. Don'tcha just love red and turquoise together. This is going in my mancards stack.
I hope the photo isn't too dim. I wiled away the day indoors and forgot about taking photos outdoors. That's why the background is so messy too.
Note to self...stop buying all things stamps and get one of those photo boxes and a tripod.
Hugs & Blessings,
Erica

Posted by Picasa

No comments: