Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Moving Day

I'm betting by now that my legionnaires have concluded that I am moving and haven't a minute to spare to do what I enjoy most for fun. Today is the day and I'm still not quite ready. I need to pack 10 more boxes at least and I've run out of tape. My SIL isn't ready for us either. The floors are done and the bathroom's been renovated, but my craftroom hasn't been started. I will probably not be stamping for most of the summer. I have mixed feelings about this. If you read my posts, you'll know that I have now and then, lamented about the hold that stamping has on me. I wouldn't say it's addictive, but darned close. As I have been preparing for this move, I've discovered just how many things went un-done. I'm a bit ashamed. Not to mention my prayer life which always took second place to stamping. So, this is a chance to change that, or at least re-arrange priorities. Since I will only have two rooms to keep in order and will be sharing KP duties, I  will have more time, so I know that stamping will continue to be part of my life. It truly does de-stress me. In the next few months, I will be reading blogposts, but won't be keeping up with mine, unless it's to use it as a journal only. That seems to help me too. I may also post a recipe now and again too. Before stamping, I was an enthusiastic cook and loved it...especially the compliments. I may also recoommend a book as I have always enjoyed reading and finally am doing more. I wish there were enough hours in the day to do it all, but alas, it's not to be.

So take care my legionnaires and check back if you want to just see what I'm up to, but if it's cards you will be looking for, you'll have to check the other 2,000 or so other blogs for your inspiration. Of course, my sidebar contains the ones I will check most.  I doubt I'll be missed. Thanks for your input and appreciative comments. I so enjoyed them.

Hugs & Blessings,
Erica

2 comments:

Deb Neerman said...

Oh, good luck with the move, Sweetie! And you WILL be missed!! Hope you can get your new stamping space put together soon so you can share some of your fab projects with us.

Stay well and stay in touch ... !

~Sending hugs, Deb

Janice said...

Wishing you all the best! I for one will miss you and your lovely cards. To save time when I need a quick card, I use prefolded cards and even preprinted ones that come 100 to a box at Ms or Js, and just add to them. That may be an option "to get your fix". Take care and keep us posted!