Monday, August 16, 2010

I said I'd never make one...

Yup, legionnaires, I said I didn't like that scrunched up ribbon look, that in fact, it was a pure waste of ribbon and glue and definitely time. So, whatdayathink I went and did? You got it...I made one and even used some of my bestest silk ribbon. Well, I just had to see what all the fuss was about. So, the jury is still out. DD isn't crazy about it. GS (grandson) says it's OK, and I felt like it took too much time to make and too much fussing. However, I do like the look, But I'm sure it's a passing craze and after several more, I shall have had my fill. At least that's my plan.
So, my flower is handmade in the quite popular fashion seen on many blogs with an SU doodad in the center. How 'bout that cute stamp. It's a Studio "G" Michael's dollar stamp. I really love it. I don't know if it's cause it cost a dollar, I love birds, or it's so multi-useful. So my legionnaires, plan on seeing more of it. I used an EKS punch for the ric rac. Kinda' surprised no company made one of these sooner. Now I can have ric rac in any color I want instead of haunting the sewing aisle at Jo-Ann's trying to add to my collection with the old fashioned material kind.
Have a blessed week.
Erica
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Janice said...

This is so pretty. I don't like the ribbon technique (partly cause I have trouble getting it to stay). Didn't know there was a rick-rack punch but I do have scissors and I have to look for that stamp-- love it!