Friday, November 5, 2010

Honored, I'm Sure

Hi legionnaires. I am so excited. I was just about to hit the hay a few evenings ago, and I decided to see if I had at least one comment on my latest card. Lo and behold, the super talented SCS Beate (don't even need to mention her last name) of http://beate.blogs.splitcoaststampers.com/  honored me with a visit and commented on not just one, but two of my cards. Need I say more!!

OK, Erica, calm down and move on.
So, earlier this year, I took a rather pricy beginner's class (well, for me it was) from the also famous Michelle Zindorf  http://zindorf.blogs.splitcoaststampers.com/ . She is a master at the brayering technique. I love the look, but it is not easy to achieve. So, I felt I should pay to learn. I'm glad I did, but I still doubt my proficiency when it comes to this technique. So, what do I go and do? Well, I don't brayer, that's what. Instead, I hunted around on various blogs and found that careful sponging can achieve a close similarity. However, I still use Michelle's designs, (this one is her tutorial #368) which she is kind enough to share on an almost daily basis. I most definitely copied, except I don't own SU's cajun craze, so I used other mfgrs'  inks. I  used the sentiment from SU's FYI. And finally, I sent this off to Julie Buhler of Paper Pleasing Ideas who lost her husband to cancer quite recently. Sadly, I learned that Becca Feeken lost her husband on October 31st. These are two of my favorite bloggers. Since I have been blogging and/or reading others, four stampers have become widows. I can only pray that their crafts will help to sustain them as they continue on life's journey.

Hugs & Blessings,
Erica
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Janice said...

What a beautiful technique, if you have not mastered it I would not know! Gorgeous!

Curt in Indy said...

This is seriously beautiful! What gorgeous sponging you did here. I love this card so much. I know the person you sent it to will certainly appreciate it. I'm sorry to hear about both of their losses. Best, Curt