Wednesday, December 29, 2010

A Michaels Gift Card Haul & Senior Day

Hi legionnaires, just wanted to show a Michaels' haul I got yesterday. Do my fellow seniors know that Tuesday is Senior Day and that you're entitled to a 10% discount? In my state that covers the taxes. So my dear friend gave me a $10 gift card and I was able to maximize it by taking advantage of a huge clearance going on. The store's look was weird. So many shelves were empty and wooden stamps were 40% off, which I haven't seen for a while. Select Recollection sets were $4.99 & 5.99. I'd been eyeing this 'Bouncin' Baby Boy' clear stamp set and the Inkadinkadoo Footprints sentiment on wood for even longer. There's a Stampendous "Mr. & Mrs." that's kinda hard to make out here and two Studio "G" dollar Thank you stamps. I threw in the No. 10 envies which are a beautiful gold. Figure I'll make some sort of mini album. With the discount, I spent $16.20. And for once, I actually really wanted everything I bought. I have a nasty habit of going to Michaels and just buying to be buying. Not that that "I have it like that." It's just my addiction love of all things stamping getting in the way.

So Joan at Paperlicious here is asking us for our goals this coming year. She's put forth this word as an alternative to the ubiquitous resolution. And I much prefer it. So that lofty yet attainable goal is to not to buy if I don't see a genuine (and reasonably timely) need for it. Care to join me in this pursuit?
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Janice said...

Nice stash you picked up! My 5 Ms stores also have bare shelves. I fixed the link. I should have checked before posting. Happy New Year!

Joan B said...

excellent goal!