Thursday, December 9, 2010

Rub-Ons? or Stickers?

Hey legionnaires, the weekend is almost upon us. I have two weeks to complete several Chrismas projects I started, and get a little baking done. And I'd like to see a movie or two and finish the book I've been reading and I have to help babysit when school breaks and I wanted to visit a friend I haven't seen in 4ever. OK, so it looks like I'll be busy, huh?

Here's a card I made using a sticker. I rarely make cards that don't have some stamping on them, but HL had lovely stickers on sale at 50% off, and I couldn't resist a few sets. I love the Victorian style, but not enough to invest in samps to any great degree, so stickers fit the bill. I have a friend who makes all of her cards with stickers. They are cute, but it's not for me. I do hope to someday get into digital images. The trend is burgeoning and I don't think it's going away. I have downloaded a few freebies, but I need practise re-sizing with appropriate programs.

So, I love my Nesies Label 10. I find it so versatile and it works vertically as well as horizontally. I don't think I've captured the colors well (the story of my life). The musical sheet is a BG stamp from Stampendous and I almost didn't get it...but at the exit door of Michaels, my intuition told me buyer's regret would haunt me, so I marched back and got it with the $$$ I had for a few groceries I planned on getting. This happens sometimes.... food money spent on stamps, that is. Ever encounter this annoying problem. I prettied up the rest of the card with a new CB folder, some ribbon and an MS snowflake punch accented with some bling and more bling at the bottom of the Nestie shape.

I have another sticker card to share tomorrow...more of a C&S look.

God Bless,
Erica
Posted by Picasa

No comments: