Friday, March 18, 2011

A collage card

I am not a collage card type. Now that's not to say that I don't know a gorgeous one when I see it. And every once in a while I will make an attempt to design one. I bought a small designer mat pad by K&Company and because the pages are intensely flowery, you can't just do anything you want. Clean and simple won't work...at least I haven't discovered a way to make it work. But I was desperate to use at least one mat today. So I chose that flowery one...poppies maybe and a scrap in black and beige I had on my desk. Then I had to find a stamp. TPC's Vintage Bird Cages was right in front of me. Just stamping it was not gonna do, so I stamped in Encore gold and embossed with a fine gold powder by Ranger. Very satisfied so far.I found just the right Nestie to frame my bird cage.

Now here's where I ran into trouble. I started with a black card base. I needed neutral. But there needed to be a mat that was 1/4 inch smaller all-around to top the mat. Ahhh, well how about a newsprint in black & white. The print I used is fine if you can resist reading it. It's about bringing up kitty and right there at the top is all about pesticides, weedkillers and rat bait. Not very good reading and I don't see how you could avoid reading some of it if you see this card. I tried faux stitching hoping to draw the eye quickly away from the words. Not very effective, huh? So legionnaires, in spite of all the other design elements on this card, I am disappointed with it. Any suggestions for a newsprint that has easy on the eye storylines either digi, or a large stamp, will be greatly appreciated. I believe Hero Arts may make one. Going to my LSS tomorrow for a class and they have Hero, so I'll be on the hunt.

Oh, and the blue flower is handmade by moi. It is made from a paper towel cut into a scallop and spritzed with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist...that stuff does come in handy in sometimes. I have an excellent tute link should anyone want it.

Well everyone, have a great weekend. I still need to clean my room up.

Hugs & Blessings,
Erica
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

choupynette said...

Love it, love it, love! you should do more collage!! The design and colours are great!

Meggymay said...

Your collage card is fantastic, so many things to look at.
Thankyou for stopping by my blog.

Janice said...

Wonderfully done!