Friday, March 4, 2011

A Different way to Use Lace Doilies



Here's a different take on using a doily. Actually, I saw a similar version many years ago at the first stamping convention I ever went to. OMG, I thought I had to have everything and dropped $300, after sitting at every demo table I could fit into the day. Ask me if I made more than one creation with what I purchased. Ahh, but it got my mojo working.
So, here I sponged the heck out of a panel stamped with Stamendous' muical notes. And I placed a doily over the side of the panel and sponged through the holes, then removed it. This technique was found on UTube, but I made this card a few days ago, so if you want a link, I'll be obliged to do a search, but I'll do it if you ask...smile. I added a flower that I sprayed with the one bottle of Tattered Angels glimmer mist that I own. Never did see much use for the stuff, so I'm trying to use it up so I can move on. A little bling for the center of the flower and the sentiment on a slant, and that's my card. This one doesn't fall into the C&S category, but it actually wasn't difficult to make.

Hugs & Blessings,
Erica
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh I love this card, so many different ideas come to mind from it. Thanks for all the great ideas, keep up your fantastic inspirations.
El

Gail said...

Hi Erica

I noticed you had left a comment on Deb Neermans site (Paper ,Ink Scissors & Stamps).She still hasn't posted anything,do you have any news on whats happened to her.

Hugs

Joan B said...

Hi Erica, cute card! love those blues!

I saw that you were asking about A Muse minimums but I could not find your email. I'd be happy to let you know the details. If interested, please email me at jabardee@gmail.com

Janice said...

One gorgeous card my friend! Love the paper.