Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Getting thru the day

I have been under the weather for the past week and it is sooo boring. My mojo was completely gone and just returned a bit today. I figured I needed to send myself some flowers, so here we have Flourishes Mix & Match Mugs used. This is a really versatile stamp set. It's becoming my "go to" set of choice. I used SU's new pear cs and ribbon. Stamped the image, then colored it. Cut with a Nestie die and left in so I could sponge around the image and still have a border. I absolutely love this technique. I can't afford an airbrush system. And even if I could it would take me out of my zone of clean & simple, so this works well. I colored with Copics and the button is from my stash and thin strips of paper are threaded through it. I opted to mount the image off-center to give it a fresh look. I really like how this card turned out and hope you do too.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear you have been ill, I agree it is no fun. I am glad to hear that you are on the recovery road. I love your card, you can send me the flowers any time you like, I would love to be the recipient of them. Looking forward to our weekend get togethe, lots of good things to create and yummy things to eat :-)

Janice said...

Hope you are feeling better! I've been under the weather too. Love your flowers to yourself!