Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Good evening legionnaires. Are you ready for Easter? I know most of what I'll be making....gonna leave it to eldest dd to decide veggies. My family loves roast lamb, but did I ever get a shock when I saw the price. And I didn't even buy a whole leg. And you can't get domestic lamb anymore...at least not without going on a search. And who has the money for the gas to do that? Ah well, life just keeps rolling along, right. I figure, as long as I have the $$ to shop for stamps here and there, then all is well.

My card today is a fussy one. HL has a 50% sale going on loose dsp and pads. Well, I couldn't resist...I did try to stay out of that aisle. Most stamps were 50% off too...groan! I am not a addicted, I am not addicted, I am not addicted. I have decided that small 6.5 x 4.5 pads give me more value than larger pads. This beautiful dsp is from DCWV's Mariposa Matstack. At half the price of $8.99, I really did get a bargain....soo, I bought 4 other pads...totally taking care of my dsp addiction for a while.  Sooo, I learned, if you design your card with care, you can get two good-sized mats for A2 cards from one sheet. Here's one of two I made. Isn't it pretty? I used a small strip of a pink dsp at the bottom and I'll use the larger leftover piece for another card. The lovely sentiment stamped on a Nestie is from Stampabilities. I was happy to find out this company manufacturers its'stamps in OK, USA. I want to use as many products as I possibly can that are made in the USA. It is not easy these days. I added some pre-made flowers and MS punched leaves. A black ribbon/bow from my stash and a bit of gold bling finished it off. I did lots of sponging with Ranger's Distressed tea dye ink.
I will post the "partner" to this card tomorrow. And, coming soon is a card for the upcoming Simply Create blog challenge, where I'm privileged to submit my designs for inspiration.

Hugs & Blessings,
Erica
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Janice said...

Beautiful! It's easy to stay out of HL ..... I don't go unless I have a coupon..... works MOST of the time.