Friday, April 1, 2011

Less Is More Challenge 8

I've been trying to get this post done since early this morning with no success. Could Blogger be getting an early start on the weekend? So LIM wants a longish card this week. Mine is 8 1/2 x 4 inches. I have incorporated several stamp companies here. The chair is from SU's Timeless Treasures, the oval acting as a rug, is from A Muse' Essential Ovals, the "faux lace" is from a bunch of stamps that I bought on-line and for cheap. Have you ever done that? It's kinda a grab bag. You can usually count on about 25% of them being usable. The rest you can give to the kiddos to play with. And finally, the saying is from Papertrey's On the Couch. I used a Nestie and did the out of the box technique to hang a bit of the rug out of the circle. My inks were Memento Potters Clay and Versafine Sepia vintage. I like this longish card, but you do have to think it thru and follow some basic rules, such as the rule of thirds. Ask me what it is and I'll link you to someone who can explain it far better than me. So have a good weekend and see you with my #2 weekend challenge submission. Hugs & Blessings, Erica

Edited to Add:  I didn't make the deadline for submission. And, I still have my dog-gone UTI. I am considered, "older female with recurring UTIs...", for which very little can be done! I am not rushing to finish my other deadlines I gave myself. I will instead begin my DT work on my next Create Simply submission. I was rather disappointed with my first.

3 comments:

Curt in Indy said...

What an awesome job you did on this card Erica! I love the long card and really do need to make more using this shape. What an absolutely perfect sentiment to go with your wonderful image. I really love this card! Hope you are well. Best, Curt

Janice said...

Beautiful card. Saw these stamps when they first came out but didn't buy any thinking I would have very little use for them. {kicking myself!}

Anonymous said...

Good dispatch and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you on your information.

paxil