Monday, June 27, 2011

My Take on the SU Save-a-Note...as I call it.


Posted by Picasa

















Hi Stampers,
I hope everyone had a great weekend. I did lots of blog surfing. It never ceases to astound me at the number of stamping blogs that are out there. And if I'm only looking at stamping related blogs, how many more must there be in other subject areas. YIKES, how does the internet stand it!?

On to a project that my trio + one made a few weeks ago and I promised to show. This is my take on a video tute that Angie Kennedy Juda does. Read  all about it here  I haven't seen any others, so she gets the credit. I wanted to jazz mine up for my friends to make and show the potential it has to be a stamp camp project.

So, you take one of the pastic stamp storage cases SU offers in its catty, some two-sided dsp and you find some cheapie pads at Walmart and you have the beginnings. Then what I did is add a stamped image from SU's Notably Ornate.
You add sealed envies that you cut the tops from so you have pockets for misc., a doily, some border punched pieces, and a loop for your pen. I found some "woven non-roll elastic" in the sewing section of Walmart and made a loop to attach a thinnish pen....if the pen is too fat, your case won't close. On the outside, to give it that Whow factor and possibly make it easier to locate in your purse should you tend to carry one of those big puppies, I added a key-charm. These are becoming quite popular. And I found a few videos showing hand-made ones. Some people even swap these. I tell you, there is a craft  for EVERYONE. The charm is attached using your Crop-O-Dile to cut  two holes on the spine which you thread a ribbon through and then attach the charm onto. BTW, this charm came readi-made from Walmart. Gosh..seems like I live in that store. It cost $4.99. I thought that was a great price. Please note, you'll need lots of strong tape such as Scor-pal.  I think I've covered everything. Let me know if you have any questions. I'd be happy to share. I will show you another case made by one of the ladies in the next few days.

Hugs & Blessings,
Erica

4 comments:

Sandra H said...

This is fabulous.:) Sandra H

Angie Kennedy Juda said...

I love it!!

Dolly Daydreams said...

This is gorgeous love the papers you have used. Very clever and very useful too.

Marie

Janice said...

Would make great gifts! Love the papers!