Friday, July 29, 2011

Frogs Forever...hopefully

Nothing but busy in my life, but I had to squeeze in a my fave little creature to play with when  cards are involved. I also like to watch and read about them. I found this cute little emoticon on Linda Heller's blog here.  He is a going green frog. Did you also know that F R O G stands for Fully Rely on God? This is perfect for me. I have a friend who has little business cards made up with a cute frog and the acronym and she hands them out to friends as well as encloss them in cards. Great way to spread the word. Frogs are integral to our ecosystem and many species are heading toward extinction, so don't kill them and for heaven's sake don't eat frog legs. Chicken tastes better....honest!




So over at at  Simply Create we are showcasing our favorite animal. I especially love dogs and have been proud owner to several breeds as well as a mutt or two, but my dog stamp collection is lacking, so here's my close second of which I own many images. This is a Sizzix die that I cut out twice in different greens to give him definition. I added the eyes and lashes, enhanced the smile with a black fine marker and added the buttons, ribbon, twine from my stash. The corners are a combo EK Success corner punch and SU punch. The leaves are done with an MS border punch.The flowers are from Recollectons. I found a new kid on the block kind of embossing folder. It's two-sided and made of very hard green  plastic. It's also 5x5 size.  I had to play a bit in my CB to get the sandwich correct, but I love the deep impression it made. I tossed the covering (which was quite minimal...going green perhaps?), but I think the brand is "Big Daddy." The papers are all just what I had on my desk at the time. So, I guess this cards would fit a going green theme easily.

Now go play at Simply Create.

Thanks for looking.
Blessings, Erica

1 comment:

Sandra H said...

This is great l love frogs and your card is adorable:) Sandra H