Thursday, July 21, 2011

Handmade ribbon flower


Hi Stamper World. I'm amazed at so many people from so many different countries who are enjoying the life of a stamper. It's such a good thing, don't ya' think?

I watch quite a few videos on how to make your own flowers. I don't know why, since I have a draw full of unused primas in all shapes and sizes. I made this one using SU wide ribbon. I hand-sewed a basting stitched down the middle of a piece of ribbon and then left the last stitch untied. I pulled on that thread and the ribbon scrunched up. I neated it and tood both ends joining them into a circle. This leaves a hole in the middle, which I added a button to. It was easy peasy....just like I like 'em. The rest of my card consists of SU daffodil cs, ridin hood red cs, some scrap for the oval, "trellis", leaves and corners , some sponging on the trellis, and Nesties, SU punch, MS border punch, a CB corner die and the Sizzix leaf die. The butterfly is from a set that I removed from its casing to "store", and all I can tell you is that it's a clear stamp. The sentiment which I love is a Studio G dollar stamp from Michael's. I stamped direct to paper and then stamped and cut out another image and put them together with a pop dot to achieve a bit of depth. Lots going on here, but it really was a simple card to put together. Hope you like my card.

I'm off to see the dh who is making fine progress in a rehabilitation center. I'm so proud of him. It was scary for me for a while.

Hugs & Blessings,
Erica
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Sandra H said...

This is gorgeous love the background and the image:) Sandra H

Janine said...

Love the ribbon flower!!