Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Just What I Wish

This is what I wish for many people I know. We realize all our days won't be filled with good things. However, if we have just one of those perfect days now and then, it makes the rest worthwhile. Personally, every day, I thank God for good things that I take for granted. If we live in developed countries, I thank God I don't have to go miles to get fresh water. I can't imagine one of my daily chores to be fetching a pail of water. I get so very angry with what is wrong with this country, but there isn't anywhere else I'd rather be. I'm sure most all of you would agree. Wait, there is an exception. I have thought about moving to Canada. I have vacationed there. If I could handle the cold (anything below 70 is cold to me), I'm sure I'd like it there.

On to my card. I was gifted with this Hero Arts 'Spring Tulips Sketch' stamp. I believe it's quite old. I love the sketchiness (a word?). I paired it with this sentiment from...OK, I just spent 20 mins. looking for the sentiment. I can't find it and since I'm supposed to be ironing, you're not gonna find out today. If you're desparate to know, I'll look again...promise. On the paper. Base is Neenah solar white and the dsp is retired CTMH. I colored with water color pencils....rarely used, but I am fond of them.

So, this is my second post of the day. To enter a challenge (I did) and win some fun "A Muse" goodies, scroll down, or see previous posts. I'm not sure how my blog works, but I do know I'm happy reading other's blogs when I can scroll down...less time taken.

Blessings,
Erica
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Joan B said...

love the card and the sentiment is perfect!

Sandra H said...

This is beautiful and the sentiment is lovely too!:) Sandra H

Sherry Eckblad said...

This is absoolutely beautiful. Love the strip of pattern paper at the bottom and your coloring is just perfection.