Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Less Is More Challenge 33, Card Entry no. 6

 

Yes, blog readers, it really is no. 6. I started Saturday morning and have posted every day since. I looked through all of my faves scattered all over my PC, printed out and in binders, and some scratchy drawings I did of sketches I'd see when I was somewhere other than at my laptop. This one is my very own original. And I thought I'd better do a one layer card, since that's a monthly feature at Less Is More. At first I stamped one balloon in the middle. But as I looked at it and realized how teeny tiny it is, and how big the sentiment, I realized it would look better with three. Don't the stamp experts say everything should be done in threes when it comes to stamping? The fact that I noticed this makes me think perhaps I'm understanding the concept of balance and other artsy stuff that the pros talk about.

So, the base is....what else...Neenah solar white and the images are both Studion "G" dollar stamps from Michaels.
They were part of my less than $10 haul earlier this week. I stamped in Memento Paris dusk. The coloring was done with Copics and SU markers.

I have a 7th submission ready to go and I'll post it tomorrow in the PM. Then onward to create 8 thru 10. WHEW! Stay with me fearless stampers.

Blessings,
Erica
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Joan B said...

Love this!

Fiona said...

Great card - very vibrant. xxx

Sandra H said...

Hi Erica, this is another of your fabulous cards and great for the challenge:) Sandra H

Mandi said...

This is another FAB card Erica

Continued thanks
Mandi
LIM

Chrissie said...

Another super card Erica, thanks so much.
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Jean said...

Very nice LIM card, I always like images of hot air balloons. jean x