Thursday, October 20, 2011

Free Paper from Gina K


Hi Stampers. How is the end of the week treating you? I had a run-around day and it ended with me doing my best not to buy myself an IPad 2. I just happen to have some $$$ burning a hole in my pocket.

I subscribe to Susan's blog, Simplicity. She links to a blog called Miss Minimalist. I ordered Miss M's (aka, Francine Jay) book, the joy of less...yup, even the title is less as it uses lower case letters for the title. I'm head over heels devouring this book. I want to begin to live a minimalist life in every sense of the term. I need to begin somewhere. Why not with electronics. I already own an Iphone 4 (bless your life Steve Jobs). Apple provides upgrades every month or so. I absolutely love this piece of technology, still marveling at its very existence. I am asking myself, isn't this enough? Miss M writes about duplicates. Isn't an IPad a duplicate of an IPhone? No, not in every sense of the word, but surely near enough. So this will be my first big personal battle in learning to be a minimalist. I will be writing about this subject periodically here.

My card today is minimalist, more commonly known as clean and simple. Gina K is offering a lovely set of four black and white designer papers. You gotta have these. I am not a big fan of digi papers. I want to see my paper in person and feel it. But I thought I'd give these freebies a try. Love 'em and if you check Stamp TV, there is a video on how to "alter" them with color for an entirely different look. See my righthand sidebar for a link to Stamp TV. I'll be showing you how I used each design to make a card. The other items used include Nestibilities dies...same die for two mats with the position reversed...good idea, huh? That is a very ancient stamp of the world globes. My sentiment is from CTMH, stamped in Palette Noir Black...decided to give the Memento tuxedo black a break since no coloring was done on the image. Card base is standard A2. Get ready for another minimalist card tomorrow.

Blessings,
Erica
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Sandra H said...

Erica this is just beautiful:) Sandra H