Friday, November 18, 2011

A Few Thanksgivings Cards to load


Hi Stampers. Hope you're having a great Friday. I am feeling a bit rushed and frankly not doing anything on my to-do list. I have a get-together with two of my stamping friends tomorrow. Need to get my projects going.

I am undertaking my first fast for a campaign my church is supporting. I know...before you say why is she blurting this out for the world to see, since the Bible clearly states we are to be very modest when it comes to telling people about undertaking a fast. However, I view this blog as a journal and therefore, I write things in it that are meaningful to me. So I won't go on about it, but it's definitely a part of my day.

I didn't notice many T-Day cards on blogs. Lots of Halloween, but lately, I've been feeling as if Thanksgiving Day gets lost between Halloween and Christmas everywhere I go it seems. I send out about 5 cards total. I enjoy making them and have several holiday stamps. My dear 90 yr. old aunt back east loved this day, as do I. She went all out with food and decorations, as do I, and I will cherish many memories in her home. Now she is spending her first T-Day in a nursing care facility and since she has all her wits about her, I'm sure she is trying her best not to be sad. I hope and pray this card will perk her up a bit. You can see a peek inside of what I have already written. I will pop it in today's evening post (love the word post...very British), and she should have it by Tuesday.

My card uses SU olive green for the base and some scrap for the MS punched mat. I found this lovely scalloped beige lace in WAMA....love it...should have bought two, DUH! The orange paper and green check paper are from DCWV's Amber Autumn fall stack collection last year. I am using every scrap of this pad...love it. I used several different stamps, MS doily shape, Stampendous pumpkins, CTMH sentiment embossed with a copper embossing powder, Did some die cutting with my Nestie. I colored with copics and added a little bling and I am off to post..smile.

So, are you getting your menus together? Do you plan on going to friends/relatives homes? I have my menu planned. There will be 9 of us including little ones. My eldest dd is a fine cook, but couldn't get off from work earlier than Wednes. PM. She will be driving with family into the wee hours of T-Day from CA, so I won't have her to help much. But not to worry, I will be 'cooked out' by Friday AM, and I'll have her making us a fab brunch. Please feel free to share any of your plans in your comments. Even if it is just to relax with a glass of wine and be thankful. That's perfecto in my book too.

Blessings,
Erica
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Sandra H said...

Hi Erica, Just so stunning:) Sandra H