Sunday, January 29, 2012

My Beloved Husband


Hello my stamping friends. I have been away for almost a month and getting back aboard is tough, but it is what I need to do.
My beloved husband Edward,(we all called him Ed) passed on January 13th. I was with him to the very end. I kept him out of nursing homes and with his family which was what we wanted. I won't belabor how I am feeling. We had 24 joyful years and he helped me raise my three children and bury my only son. We shared a wonderful life and our faith in our heavenly Father sustained us and continues to do so for those Ed left behind. He is with God resting easy. And I, soldier on.

So, I have taken it upon myself to create my own thank you cards for those who have expressed their sympathy. We didn't have a large number of people, as we are from New York and here in Arizona we were retired. Due to Ed's disability, we did not do a great deal of socializing, so 30 or so cards will be adequate. Above, is the easy peasy one I am sending. I already have most of them sent. The stamp says it all, but it could be interpreted in two ways: God taking the hand of his servant, or, a friend/relative holding mine here on earth. At any rate, I stamped it in Memento cocoa brown and the cs is a cream color I had on hand. The image is one of the Michael Craftmart $1.50 stamps. This seems to be an addition to their Studio "G" line still selling for $1.00. I'll show another card tomorrow.

Hugs and Blessings,
Erica
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Sandra H said...

Morning Erica, So sorry for you loss you must of been going through a terrible time but it seems you held yourself together with lots of love and the comfort of being with your husband for so long and surrounded by your family, its lovely to see you back and your right your card say's it all and its a beautiful way to express yours and their thanks lovely that your able to show us this wonderful card.......take care:) Sandra H

Joan B said...

Oh Erica, my sympathies. What a hard time for you. Your card is beautiful and says it all. I am so sorry for your loss.