Friday, July 6, 2012

Text, Newsprint, Writing

Hi Stamping Friends,

Hope you had a fun-filled and safe 4th of July. It did something quite unusal in my part of Arizona....rain and it was only the 8th time in AZ weather history (recorded), that it happened. Fortunately, we didn't have any plans and I wasn't feeling all that well, so the family, minus me, ate leftovers and went to a fireworks display in the evening. After a good rub-down with Ben-Gay for a sore back muscle, which was the culprit of my blues, I was able to check out a few challenges and decided to take the one at  Casual Fridays. I love text and searched high & low for some time to get a BG text image. I used it on my card in the previous post. For this card, I had received this image from Hero Arts called Wish Big, in a stamp store's extravaganza when I was in CA. I think it fits the bill for the challenge.I used Memento tuxedo black to stamp and colored with my Copics. A little bow made of bakers twine finishes it off. Later, I went back and colored the two top balloons. I wasn't sure they'd be seen in the photo, so that's why I waited. The text is quite tight, so you hav to be up close to the color. Sadly, my photo skills wouldn't have captured it. I am so not wanting to spend the big bucks on a light tent and lights. Nor do I feel like rigging up a homemade one.

There are so many challenges out there these days. When I first started stamping, I barely came across 10 or so, now there are blogs devoted to putting together listings of challenges each week.

On a personal front, the house is bought and we now have the fun and stress and expense of going to the design center to pick out all of the flooring, appliances, etc. My darling daughter has already picked out a "gourmet kitchen" for me. After 15 years, I am going to be able to cook on a gas stove. I am elated. I dislike electric stoves immensely. We are hoping to come away from this experience with mostly the standard items for the house and hope to upgrade over the course of the next 5 years I am very pleased with my bedroom (smaller than my current) and craftroom (larger than my current one).

Blessings, Erica
I'll keep you posted.

7 comments:

Lisa A. said...

SUPER CUTE, Erica!!! That sentiment is soooo perfect with your texted balloons!! Congrats on your new house...sounds like it will be wonderful:)!! Thanks so much for sharing your creativity with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays:)!!

Sandra H said...

Beautiful card Erica, and many congratulations on your new home new rooms sound brilliant especially the bigger craft room and kitchen it will be fabulous all new and you will put your own stamp on it lucky you enjoy and be happy as l'm sure you will:)x

Andrea W said...

Fabulous card! The text balloons are perfect for this challenge.

Darnell said...

Very clever! The text balloons are perfect with that sentiment!

Jenny said...

Texty balloons!! what a cute idea and the sentiment goes so well too :0)
So glad you joined us this week at CASual Fridays :0)
Jenny x

Anonymous said...

What a lovely card! Those cute balloons are simply perfect for the challenge.
Thanks so much for playing with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

Oh I so adore those texty balloons!! Uber fun and cute!! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays! We're so glad you did!