Thursday, June 27, 2013

Cheap DSP and the Mojo Monday Challenge

A few weeks ago, when I knew I had less than $5.00 left in my monthly craft budget, I dared to stop by Jo-Ann's. I was determined to get something for less than $6.00 to 7.00 and then subtract my 40% coupon which would result in my staying well within my budget.

What a find. Studio"G" Paper Packs by Hampton Arts. They are rather odd in their weight...sorta between cardstock and heavy-weight paper. The packets contain 15 sheets single sided 6" x 6" pieces.
Each pack is all of one hue. Here I used the green one. I loved the patterns (15). And I bought them in pink, blue, purple and the green. They were $1.50 each. Well, what fun, right, except, I could only use the coupon on one package. Not much of a savings, but I walked out of Michael's spending what I planned to and I like what I got...mission accomplished....this time.

So following the MoJo sketch challenge, here's my card.

Lots of die cuts used, an SU die cut too from a new set called Secret Garden Framelits. Some Studio G stamps, and a bit of bling (used to cover a tiny mistake I made). The card is a 5 x 5, since the challenge says square or round.

Hope you're having a Blessed week.
Stay tuned, I have a tiny haul from Walmart I picked up today. It was just over $15.

Erica

1 comment:

Leslie Miller said...

What a find on that paper! I love the greens. I have a craft budget, too, which I stick to, though it appears that I must bring home hoards of stuff daily. I save up and go on binges, then I don't get to stamp as often as I'd like and the stuff piles up. A lot of the fun is in the acquisition, though. I like your layout and the way the orange flower pops against the green.