Saturday, July 27, 2013

Saturdays just get away from me

Even though I'm retired, I still look forward to the weekends and they move faster and faster the older I get. This last Saturday of the month is no exception.

My card for the Simply Create Too challenge no. 42, Anything But a Card, has been up for 48 hours without a post. So, at this late time, it needs to be short and sweet.

Last year when our home had a small electrical fire, I took up making stickpins while staying in a local hotel awaiting repairs. It is lots of fun. I just wish I used more of them on my cards. But stickpins lend themselves to vintage and shabby chic styles IMO, so I am left with quite a few to stash away. Here is a card I made with a little storage shelf to hold five of them inside. I did not create the storage idea. After lots of tute searching, I pretty much copied Tmika at Scrapdaworld. She makes wonderful projects of all types. Check her channel out.


Lots of pretty papers, border punches
ribbon, brad embellies, a handmade
flower from crepe paper, and several die cuts, a small CB embossed mat in white and one in pink and finally, another stickpin.

Though we're in the second week of our challenge, come join us. It's easy peasy with "anything but a card."

Blessings,
Erica




2 comments:

Sandra H said...

Morning Erica, l too love my weekends but like you say they come around too quickly these days......your card and storage for pins is absolutely gorgeous and what a fab idea totally stunning .....enjoy your day xx

Curt in Indy said...

Hey There! First, thanks so much for the welcome back comment. It meant so much. Your stickpins are wonderful and this project is awesome. I see you haven't posted in a while, so I'm hoping you are doing alright as well! Best, Curt