Friday, January 31, 2014

Hero Arts Framelits

Did you know Hero Arts, in conjunctions with Sizzix, makes framelits to go with some of their stamp sets now. Well, I didn't and I caught a sale at JoAnn's and got 'em for half price. Oh Dear, I put a real hurting on my budget there last week. First I purchased $50 worth of sale items and they gave me a 30% coupon on my next purchase...sale items included, so I went back two days later and...well you know. Suffice it to say, no more buying power and $$ in my budget until March.

This flower was fun to color and the sentiment plus the embossing folder which is mounted inside of a card cut with a Nestie to make a window, matched perfectly. My coloring was done with Faber-Castell Aquarelle pencils.  I will be using this set frequently, I'm sure.

Happy Weekend
Erica


7 comments:

Jacquel said...

Your card is so pretty Erica! Love those flowers, texture & sentiment you used!

mypaperstation said...

Hi Erica!
Thanks for your message on my blog :)
I'm adding you to my list as well. I'm looking forward to lots of fun. So far it's been a great introduction to Simply Create Too!
Yvonne

mypaperstation said...

I got so carried away that I forgot to tell you that your card is gorgeous! I love the colours and the technique you used is awesome!
Yvonne

Sandra H said...

Hi Erica. Oh this is so elegant

Kim Heggins said...

Erica...amazing card! I love your choice of sentiments and those yellow flowers are so classy. Just beautiful.

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

This is so pretty, Erica!

DianeMoneyGoolsby said...

Hi, Erica: I love your card--beautifully created. I hope to visit JoAnn's next week--should we both buy stock? Their sales will be UP when I get thru too!

blessings,

Diane