Thursday, April 10, 2014

LIM Challenge no. 166...card #2

Hi Everyone.
I really did enjoy using turquoise with the divas this week.  It's even got me looking for an outfit or two with turquoise somewhere on it. So far, no deal, but I have only just begun and I'm in no hurry. Isn't that the best way to shop?

Here's my other entry using a 5x7 card this time. I used Recollections 110 lb. card stock in cream. It's a very fair hue of cream and may appear white in my photo.  This card stock dry embosses fabulously. I am hoping they will make black in this weight soon. The decorative strip is a Cuttlebug "strip" embossing folder that fit right across my landscape direction card. Since the folder made slight creases on each side, I just flipped the card over and enhanced them with my scoring tool. I think it works. The flower is a LifeStyle daisy die that I cut in triplicate. The addition of some pearls...a few colored with copic close to turquoise...OK, I made that up. The marker is blue and it's on my desk somewhere and I'm not searching.


There's still a bit more time to play with the challenge. I think I have one more card in me so check back tomorrow.

Have a great day.
Blessings,
Erica

4 comments:

Sandra H said...

Hi Erica, Your card is so pretty l just adore this colour x

Darnell said...

Mmmm, love this so much, Erica! It's such a pretty and elegant card!! Hugs, Darnell

Joan B said...

love the colors and I agree that the michael's card stock is a great card stock at a great price

Julie B said...

What a clever idea to make a positive out of a negative, the mark left by the folder I mean. I have some of those and I'm put off using them 'cos of the mark they leave. A very retrained and elegant card.:)