Friday, August 29, 2014

I've Been in a Hole

It's bedtime for me, but I had to post this card since I plan on playing along with the Less Is More challenge tomorrow before I do a few house-keeping chores and bake a cake and a pie...will post pics if all turns out well.

I made this card for my daughter in CA. She's such a strong woman that I forget she may need encouragement once in a while. I usually say the right words to her on an as needed basis, but seldom do I send a card other than birthday and Christmas. I also give her my cards to use for others. On her last visit, Danielle advised me that she needs the written word sometimes. It's something to hold on to she said. I know the feeling. So I did a 3D card with lots of YouTube help. It took three different videos and two tries, but I finally got it and I must say, I love how it turned out and I'll be making more. They're actually easy, once I wrapped my non-mathmatical brain around it.

I love the sentiments from Stampendous and the die cut images and the colors. Everything just fit. YIPPIE!

Now here's my letdown. I knew it was bulky and that I'd better take it to the post office to make sure I had enough postage. The customer service representative did her thing and asked me a zillion questions, you know, did I want insurance, date of delivery confirmation, priority, was there anything hazardous, etc., and did I want stamps and on and on. Then WHAM! That'll be $2.32. I gulped. Are you kidding, I said. Nope was the reply. I expected no more than $1.25. Well, I guess I've been in a hole somewhere. I forked the $$ over and walked out  From now on, I'm taking a picture of the card and emailing it to her or posting on FB with a notation...here's a lovely card for you and it's sitting on my craft desk waiting for you to pick it up.

Enjoy the weekend.

Blessings,
Erica

3 comments:

Sandra H said...

Morning Erica "WOW" This is stunning x

Darnell said...

Your beautiful card was worth every penny of the $2.32, Erica, and I'm sure your daughter will agree. I think you were kidding about emailing it to her because you know there is nothing like getting that envelope in your mailbox and holding a real card in your hands!! That's not to say that the Post Office is not ripping us off royally. You should check out the post I wrote about the PO on August 17, 2013. If you go to my "labels" box on the sidebar, scroll down to "rants or ramblings" and it should pop up. They're ridiculous.

But your card is awesome!! I'm so impressed that you made one of those! I am not even going to attempt it. I think it is sweet that you sent it to your daughter for no special reason!! I hope your baking turned out great! Hugs, Darnell

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my gosh, that's amazing that it cost that much! It is great, though. The kind of card that's like a gift. Well done, Erica! I've never made a step card. It's on the list. . .