Sunday, February 22, 2015

Less Is More No. 212, "Take Wing"

Hi Friends,

I found a moment and some inspiration this weekend, deciding to try a Less Is More challenge.
It's all about wings. Now these are actually not wings, but palm fronds. As I've said, I was truly inspired to use them as wings with a clock. The wing die is a die from www.mariannedesign.nl and is part of their Creatibles design. I picked it up from a convention to give them a go having never heard of the line. They are a blue color and cut well. The clock is from a long-ago retired Close To My Heart set. The sentiment is from an Inkadinkado set that's quite old also. The card base is A2, Recollections heavy weight base white. I cut the clock out with a circle dye and bumped it up a bit with pop dots.


I hope you will get to participate in a challenge or two this week. Or just become inspired by the world around you.

Blessings,
Erica

9 comments:

Sandra H said...

This is gorgeous Erica, gorgeous image and design.

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Super clever CAS image and design Erica
Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
Sarah xx
Less is More

Cricutjunkie said...

Erica, what a cleaver twist on creating a card with wings. I love how simple it is very very nice. I am visiting you from Less is More challenge. I am now your newest follower. Please stop by my blog and say HI. Traci

Beebeebabs said...

Very nice card - love the image and sentiment!!!

Scrapmate said...

What a great idea and I love the interpretation.

Kathyk said...

Loving the simple elegance of your card

Kathyk

Chrissie said...

Great design, great card!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Carol said...

Great take on the LIM theme. Carol x

Anne said...

What a clever idea and striking card Erica!
Thank you for joining us at Less is More
Anne
LIM