Monday, July 27, 2015

All I Can Say is I'm a DoDo Bird

Yes, I'm calling myself names. I totally forgot to post my card for the team on my blog for Simply Create Too. I've been super busy with moving my 93 yr. old ex-father-in-law into our home. Yup, I wrote ex. He wants to spend his last days with his grands and great-grands and even me. He's a pretty spry guy for his age and we were a multi-generational family before he came. We now consist of four generations ages 7 through 93. Oh the stories we will be able to share and memories aplenty.

Here's my card for our 90th challenge, For A Precious Child.


I pulled out the pencils to color, and paper-pieced the balloon.  The image is from a British magazine that periodically includes clear stamp sets with their issues. The papers are from a Simon Says kit I had a while back. The sentiment is from a very old SU set and the button, bling and bakers twine were in my stash.  I used a W-9 die for the dash panel and a Lawn Fawn for the bracket on top and made the tag by hand with a square punch.

I also am submitting this card to one other challenge. http://incywincydesigns.blogspot.com
It's all about summer love and ice creams says it well. Gosh I wish I could eat it everyday. 

We still have a few days to post in our challenge and I'm not seeing many participants, so head on over and get crafty. I'm gonna sit by this old gent and hear stories about WW II. I suspect I'll hear them frequently. I may need to start some kind of a memory book. 

Blessings,
                                                                            Erica




1 comment:

Karen C said...

Aww, how bright, cheery and adorable!! Thanks for joining our Summer Luvin' challenge over at Incy Wincy designs!