Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Less Is More...Let's get citrusy


Hi friends,

I'm blessed to have been able to have citrus of some kind for the past 17 years. Ever since moving from New York to Arizona, I've had citrus trees myself, or neighbors and/or relatives who have had an abundance to share with me. Often native Arizonians don't even harvest from their trees because they're sick of lemons, grapefruits, and several varieties of oranges. That hasn't happened to me yet. I eat them, juice them, bake with them and decorate with them. And, don't even ask me how much I love the scent of orange blossoms. 



Ha Ha. I'll bet you were certain you'd be seeing fruits, Well, I haven't got a one citrus fruit in my stash...I plan to rectify that. Instead, I had these cute little fishes. Tropical fish can be of many colors, so I took advantage of that. I was eager to use my newest die set, from Just Rite Dies, called, Three in a Row. I colored with watercolor pencils and watercolor brushes from SAI.
The sentiment is from a Simon Says Stamp kit set. The fish images are from a set called, Perfectly Clear Stamps. I've had them for years and never got around to them, as I'm not much of a cutsie stamper. But they fit into these boxes perfectly and I loved that I the fish face each other.  

Head over to LIM and play with the divas. They are having a fun time.

Blessings,
Erica

10 comments:

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

What a super, super CAS card! Those little fish (and starfish) look perfect inthe citrus colours. That's a fabulous new die too.
Thank you so much for sharing it with us at Less is More.
Sharon xx

Esther said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I love the fish in those colours and layout. Fab!

Unknown said...

Great card, love those fish, they look so good in those citrus shades. Karen x

Sazzle Dazzle said...

These are such cute little images and beautifully coloured in citrus shades.
Thanks for sharing and playing along at Less is More this week.
Sarah

Sandra H said...

Awww just the cutest card ever Erica .....many thanks for your lovely coments take care xx

Chrissie said...

This is a super creation Erica, it really made me smile too!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Sarah G said...

I so love these cute fish and the zesty colour combo makes this such a fun card! Thanks for sharing with us at Less Is More :)

Sid said...

Fab and fishy, love your card ! I have also become your latest blog follower.

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Super cute card in citrus Erica!

Love and hugs
Maarit

Anne said...

Fab fishes Erica! They really suit the citrus shades.
Thanks so much for joining us this week
Anne
"Less is More"