Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Less Is More, Color Challenge no. 283

Hi Friends,

I hope you've had a fun and safe weekend. Three days in a row is always a good time for my family. We ate too much, got too much sun and oohed and ahhed at fireworks and the grands are wrinkled from swimming. Nothin' but FUN.

I did manage to squeeze in a card for Less Is More. It's colored rather in a boorish way, but this is the colors of the kitchen in my home. I live with my daughter's family and though they accommodated me with two lovely rooms...one of which is my craft room, we don't share the same taste in decor. They are quite tame with their colors opting for lots of browns. It doesn't bother me even when I'm cooking. I should note, I'm the chief chef. I have lots of space, light and a double oven.



I've made a 6x6 card with a brown base covered by a creme card 6x6 embossed piece from We R Memories. The image and sentiment are from a set by Art Impressions. I colored with copics and a bit of wink of stella. I used a dotted diecut to stamp on. The size of the card helped me to make certain I had enough "white space."

The week is almost past, but head over to join the divas is you've a chance to.

Blessings,
Erica

4 comments:

Esther said...

What a fabulously fun card! I love the image and sentiment - they really made me smile :) The embossed background looks great. Thanks for entering!

Sid said...

Fab card Erica !

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Super fun card Erica. The earthy tones really suit that funny image (I did laugh at the sentiment!)
Great texture in the background too. That's for joining us this week.
Sharon xx
Less is More

Chrissie said...

Just playing catch up on last week's challenge entries!
This is such a fun card Erica and I must say that that sentiment really works for me!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"